Altmetric for the communications office – strategies for targeted engagement.mp4 (39.86 MB)Download file
Altmetric for the communications office strategies for targeted engagement
mediaposted on 2018-07-27, 16:39 authored by Altmetric EngineeringAltmetric Engineering
Tracking and targeting communications around your institution’s research can be challenging.
In this webinar Heidi Becker, Product Specialist at Altmetric, will explore how you can maximize Altmetric data to identify rising stars, analyze trends in online attention, get an overview of where your institution’s research is generating buzz and help you answer these questions:
- Who is talking about your research? Immediately see when high profile news outlets, subject matter experts or influencers on blogs are citing your work.
- What research is being talked about, shared, and otherwise engaged with?
Discover which research is generating the most (or least!) attention and develop strategies for engagement based on real-time data
- Where is this communication happening? See which platforms your research is being mentioned on and in which parts of the world.
- When is this communication taking place? Uncover the peak communication times and how to use them to your advantage.
- Why are there spikes in attention? Understand the context behind your attention by clicking through to the original mentions on the Altmetric details page and see data summaries and visualizations to uncover where research is receiving higher attention by day, week, month or year.